Beta

1. The mission of Altgg is to provide a rich community atmosphere for gamers, along with a suite of unique tools streamers can use to connect with each other and reach a wider audience. So what are you waiting for? Register here.

Website Updates

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Darigaz, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Darigaz

Darigaz Level 3 Elder Dragon Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Hey everyone. It's been a while since an update, and I wanted to bring you up to speed on a few changes. I've been truly amazed at how many people have made their way to Altgg, and how dedicated and supportive our members have been thus far. As a community we are working together to make Altgg an active environment for gamers, and a great alternative for streamers to network and grow.

Recent Updates:
    • Stream Revenue System: We are now running an advertisement on every Altgg stream page, and each streamer can track their earnings through a dashboard at www.altgg.com/my-dashboard Once a streamer makes $25 for Altgg, they have the option to receive monthly payouts for their viewership on Altgg. This will allow large streamers to immediately profit from their involvement with our community, and for small streamers to track their growth and benefit as they grow. In your dashboard, you can also access our overlays and other information to help you grow.
    • Several Spam Plugins Installed: For a few months we had an influx of spam bots. To combat the problem, we have installed several anti spam plugins, and are now requiring new members to post an Introduction in our "Introductions" forum before they can post elsewhere. We have multiple dedicated admins that are keeping the spam down, and the updates are helping a lot.
    • Youtube Feature: We now have an area on the forum home where we can feature Youtube videos. Any community videos can be requested to be featured there. Just post a request in the community discussion forum.
    • New Hosting: We have moved to a new host that is more sustainable for our operations financially, and is also a reliable choice for a streaming site as we scale. As a result, our hosting costs have gone down dramatically, but we still rely on community donations to keep the website online.
    • Gamdias Giveaway: We've teased the idea, and yes, this is coming soon! We will be giving a way one premium Gamdias item, as well as a variety of smaller incentives. Both existing members and new members have an opportunity to win. Take advantage of this while the community is still small :D.
    • Team 8 : As many of you know, we've been maintaining what was at first a sponsorship, but is now more of an affiliation with Team 8. They just qualified for LCS, so we are excited to see how the team develops over the coming months. I've also started doing some writing and social management for T8, which is helping me a bit with out of pocket expenses for this website.
    • Donor Program: We have started a new donor program which offers a variety of incentives to members. Once we reach at least 5 donors, these incentives will take effect. To view the incentives, check out the donor disclaimer when you log into the forum.

Things On The Drawing Board:
    • Blog Formatting: Hopefully we can redesign blog articles soon to make them more SEO friendly and formatted like a normal blog post instead of a forum post.
    • Adopt A Streamer: Bringing in large streamers to adopt Altgg streamers (giving them space on their stream).

Lastly, I want to appreciate all our members for their continued activity and involvement.
    -Dari

2. Darigaz

Update to the update: We have installed the new version of Xenforo and this fixed the issue we were having with editing user names and user profiles.

3. Arinai

Arinai Level 2 Frost Dragon Staff Member

Cool updates, esp. the spam reduc. lol can't wait to see what this community will grow into at later stages :D

4. DreaMz

DreaMz Level 1 Ancient Dragon

Nice Dari can you rename my user name to DreaMz Pl0x

5. Darigaz

Done son.

6. DreaMz

Woot!
    Dari be Dah Best xD

7. Darigaz

We'll keep on pushing. Recruitment time!

8. DreaMz

Yeah im going to have either Wake up all the old members or recruit more new ones when Season 5 for League comes around