Beta

1. The mission of Altgg is to provide a rich community atmosphere for gamers, along with a suite of unique tools streamers can use to connect with each other and reach a wider audience. So what are you waiting for? Register here.

We are looking for staff!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Darigaz, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Darigaz

Darigaz Level 3 Elder Dragon Staff Member

[​IMG]

We are accepting staff applications as we prepare for the launch of our ad network. Staff members will...
    • Receive access to the staff forum.
    • Be listed in the staff list, pinned in community discussion (coming soon).
    • Receive the member rank of "Blood Dragon".
    • Be invited to attend a weekly staff meeting.
    *These staff positions are not currently paid, but outstanding staff have the potential to be as our stream ad network is implemented in the near future.

We are looking for the following positions...
    Community Manager: As the community manager you will have a full plate. You will be tasked with coordinating the weekly staff meetings, and helping to keep all staff positions filled. You will also be responsible for helping staff members in their duties, and helping to stimulate community activity. This is a comprehensive job which requires involvement in all of the below listed positions. Further details will be provided upon inquiry.

Recruitment Manager: As the recruitment manager, your job is to help with all public outreach for Altgg. This involves making threads in other forums advertising the community (and trying to keep those threads active), running community-wide recruitment events/raffles, and encouraging member recruitment throughout the community. Each week you will give a recruitment report overviewing what you've done to enhance public outreach, and how many members we have obtained within the week. Further details will be provided upon inquiry.

Social Media Coordinator: As the social media coordinator, you will be tasked with crafting daily updates for our social outlets. Any important developments and events should be included, or you are welcome to include posts with comedic or entertainment value. Each week you will give a social media report, overviewing growth and the updates you did for the week. Further details will be provided upon inquiry.

Content Manager: As the content manager you will be responsible for providing regular blog content for the website. This can include entertaining eSports and gaming related articles. All articles posted to the blog will be shared on our social media, and this is a great way for a budding writer to establish themselves in the gaming scene. You will be responsible for providing at least 3 blog articles per week, and will be tasked with forming a team of writers who can help you deliver daily blog entries. Each week you will report about progress of the blog and viewership rates for each article. Further details will be provided upon inquiry.

Event Manager: The event manager will be responsible for creating community-wide events, and will work with any specific games to help create events within those games. You will be tasked with creating at least 1 community-wide event each month. Whether that be town hall meetings, tournaments, etc. is up to you. Be creative. Each week you will report on the success of the planning and execution of the event. Further details will be provided upon inquiry.

Game Leaders: We have chosen LoL, Dota 2, Sc2, and HS as the initial 4 games of focus. But we are open to the right candidates for other games if the candidate has enough energy and motivation. Game leaders will be responsible for recruitment, staffing, and events for their respective game.

*Note: You must make at least 10 posts before being considered for staff.

If you would like to apply for any of these positions, please send a PM (conversation) to Darigaz using the following format...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Randori likes this.
  2. The Gentleman geeK

The Gentleman geeK Level 2 Fire Dragon

Oh snap! Love to bring new people into the family :)

3. Darigaz

Darigaz Level 3 Elder Dragon Staff Member

had a few applications so far, will be replying today. thanks for the interest so far everyone

4. RookieTwentyOne

RookieTwentyOne Level 2 Blood Dragon

None of these really seem to suit me. However, I am certain you can find the right people for the jobs. Good luck to all who apply!

5. Mpower

Mpower Level 2 Frost Dragon

If you got some spare time in your schedule it would be greatly appreciated, we really do need to bring the legion back!

6. Randori

Randori Level 3 Dragon

I wish I did, but i dont think im really qualified for any of those positions >.<

7. bullseye

bullseye Level 3 Dragon

Anyone help at all would be appreciated, you never know what you're good at until you try it! Also there are plenty of people here as well who are willing to help you and give you advice/suggestions if you are confused, have questions, or difficulty with something. That is the point of the community, to be supportive. You can be supportive even with a very minor role such as recruiting for a specific game you love to play. You do not need to apply to a position in order to do it. You also do not need to try to become the top position if you feel you are not suited for it. Like i said, do a very small role such as recruiting for your game that you love to play and want other people in the community to play because when you get people to join the community that play your game, you'll have more people to play your games with and overall, the community gets more people to get to know, hang out, and interact with!

8. DreaMz

DreaMz Level 1 Ancient Dragon

i totally Agree with bullseye i know i'm probability not the most amazing leader for the league division but i'm giving it my all to try and hold something together to make a better environment for the people that being said im probability going to need a new vice commander / assistant just due from recent game activity and what not need someone a bit more dedicated per say

9. Garrett LooFy Pillasch

Garrett LooFy Pillasch Level 2 Dragon Staff Member

Will be trying to grow the community as much as I can in Dota2 and CS:GO.
    Will also be streaming to increase exposure and help recruit.
    Excited to participate in the coming months.
    Cheers,
    LooFy

RookieTwentyOne likes this.